Monday, January 11, 2010

Tomorrow's the big day

I start back to work in the morning. Actually, I already began today by going through my 450 emails I had waiting in my inbox. It took me a few hours to go through that but at least I don't have that waiting for me when I walk in the door tomorrow.

I am a little concerned about going back to work. I don't know how supportive of an environment I'm walking into. Am I walking into a hornets nest where I'll be bashed for taking a "holiday" for four months? Will I get the silent treatment where everybody's too nervous or unsure of what to say? Or will there be a few souls who have been where I've been and are willing, and able, to offer a kind word of encouragement and empathy?

I guess I'll see tomorrow.

I know I was starting to get myself a little anxious worrying about how things will play out tomorrow. My work environment has been a sore spot for me so it's not like I'm returning to a favorite pastime. But I decided I would take it moment by moment to breathe, take in some fresh air and not dwell on the sometimes unpleasantness of the job. After all, it's not all bad.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment