Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Back at Work

So many of the questions I had about going to work have been answered since I've gone back to work. My role at work has changed. I'm no longer as deeply involved in the close process. Part of me feels like I'm being protected or that others at work are being careful to not give me too much responsibility for fear that I may have a remission.

But for the most part, people are treating me well. A couple people, with whom I had a good relationship before I left, have been really nice and stated how glad they are to see me back at work. It's nice to know that I was missed and that people care.

One of the things that has been surprising is how few questions I've had about what happened. I'm sure part of that has to do with people not knowing how to inquire about the situation. I'm OK with that. I'm not sure I would do any differently if I were in their shoes.

I definitely don't feel like I'm back to normal yet. But it is comforting to know that I'm back to work and things are on the mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment