Friday, March 22, 2013

Renewed Desire to Write About Mental Health

In speaking with a friend today, I have a renewed desire to share my thoughts and experiences in dealing with mental health issues.

Look for rainbows, Rainbow over Loch Leven
Look for rainbows when there's rain.
© Copyright David Crocker and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons License.

It is my hope that by writing and sharing my experiences that I can help somebody find some comfort in facing the struggles of severe mood swings. Another favorable outcome would be to help a family member, or a friend understand their loved one who faces the challenges of severe mood swings or depression.

Like so many things in life, dealing with severe mood swings is challenging. Recently, another friend described how he viewed the experience of facing severe challenges. He said, "Everything in life is a gift. Just some of it comes in some pretty crappy wrapping paper."

No comments:

Post a Comment