Friday, November 20, 2009

Daily accomplishments

Since starting my recovery from my latest depressive episode, I have begun to keep track of various things: my moods for the day, whether I've taken my medicine, any physiological concerns, and a short sentence or two on the major events of the day as they relate to having bipolar disorder.

In addition to these, one thing that helps me keep moving forward is making a mental note of what I accomplished during the day. Some days it may be something very simple: I did the dishes and picked up in the living room. Other days I may have gotten a lot done in the yard. Either way, I know that I accomplished something. I'm not terribly concerned about how much I've accomplished at this point just that I've moved the ball forward.

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. - Helen Keller

By the way, Julie Fast has a great article in today's blog about how to move forward when feeling down.

No comments:

Post a Comment