Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Down

I'm feeling a little down today, and I don't know why. It may be due to the rain outside. It may be due to the change in the way I'm taking my medications--after dinner instead of right before bed. It may be due to me having a crazy sleep pattern last night. Or, it may be due to the biological chemicals in me are just acting up today.

Who knows? Some may throw in, who cares? I don't know. All I know is I'm down and I'd rather be up or at least stable.

That said. My wife and I went to see a new therapist yesterday. My wife has also been told she has bipolar disorder. That combined with the challenges of dealing with my recent episode(s) has gotten her feeling more out of sorts lately. I didn't realize how much until we were talking to the therapist.

It's funny but in the past I've always been a little uncomfortable talking to therapists. I don't like divulging my innermost thoughts to a stranger. (Does it strike anyone else as strange that now I'm blogging about it?) But I'm beginning to find that talk therapy helps open up some guided dialogue that helps.

We both liked the therapist we met with yesterday. Unfortunately, we discovered after we had met with her that she isn't covered by our insurance. Not sure what we'll do with that as I'd like to continue seeing her as our therapist.

It also helps that my wife and I are going together. We are so involved in each others lives that being together in therapy just makes sense. Plus it helps to work together. This is, after all, a family challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment